Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Um...God?

**The following conversation was recently exchanged between
Beth, Kylie and God.**



So as Kylie and I wake up on late Sunday morning, we realize that we've overslept and will not make it to church.


With our sleepy faces on we look at each other and say,


"What are we gonna do?"


Kylie says, "Well, we could pray..."


I told her that was a good place to start.


So, there in my king-sized bed, we fold our hands, bow our heads and Kylie prays,

"Um, God, um...we messed up and we didn't wake up on time. So, we're not gonna make it to church today, but we're really sorry and we really love You and we'll do better next week. Aaaamen."

We look up at each other and shrugged.


I said, "Okay, I bet He forgives us."


Kylie says - while holding up her pointer finger - "Hold on, Mommy."

She then lowers her head and folds her hands again and says,

"God, do you forgive us?"


Then, with that angelic face, she looks at me and relays the message,

"Yep, Mommy, He said 'Okay'. He forgives us!"


No comments: