Monday, July 7, 2008

Whew! Can you say Deep!

Two weekends ago I was blessed to partake in the Deeper Still event at Philips Arena in downtown Atlanta. Some 19,000 women of faith packed the place out to the rafters breaking previous records for a ladies event. Philips had never sold out a women's event, but they sure did that week. It was a sight to behold and an experience that has left me overwhelmed, slowly savoring and digesting two days of what I have come to believe must be just the teeniest glimpse of the heaven on earth soon to be.
I had the sheer delight of being spiritually fed by three powerful women of the Word. My, oh my did they bring it! There was Kay Author, Beth Moore and Priscilla Shirer. I was very familiar with Kay and Beth by way of books, Bible studies and television, but I had no experience with Priscilla.

What did our Mamas always tell us, "You are known by the company we keep"? Whew! I should of had a clue.

Anyway, Lifeway's AllAccess is doing a fantastic job rehashing the weekend, well worth checking out if you get a chance.

My pal Deborah and I got there early both days, and had a great time getting to know some spiritual Sisters while waiting in line. The stories of how and what brought us to the event were varied. Gals from everywhere for all kinds of reasons, expecting all kinds of things. It's really something to hear different testimonies...stories of peoples lives...to meet as strangers and leave as friends. One new friend was Toni, from Augusta.

What a sweetheart! God definitely used this conference to give us all a good word, whether we planned on it or not. I am so excited to see and hear where He leads in all our lives.

The three of us had wonderful seats directly behind our Governors wife, Miss Mary Purdue. Talk about Blessed! Miss Mary and the Governor are members of our church, so I see them most Sunday mornings from the choir, or like this yesterday, blessed with a sermon

from the Governor himself. I must tell you, it pretty much blew my mind and gave me such hope and joy as we studied, worshipped and praised right along with Georgia's First Lady.

If you ever get a chance to hear any of these women of God, go...you could not make a better use of your time. They will take you deeper still. At the end of Priscillas message Friday night she recited a powerful poem, from a song actually written by Aaron Jeoffrey. As far as I'm concerned, it's a keeper. I hope ya'll enjoy this as much as we did, look for HE IS.

No comments: