Thursday, May 29, 2008

Praise God for online check-in!

Whatever did we do before online check-in? Well...for starters this grand mama would have been up before the chickens, loaded the car with all manner of travel necessities (including my 2 sidekicks), driven through our infamous Atlanta traffic, to arrive at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours early at Hartsfield-Jackson, unloaded our 3 bags, plus diaper bag, tote bag, laptop AND stroller...lets not forget the stroller, to stand in invariable long lines with same motley crew.

But...Praise God for online check-in!

Trying to save myself some time and headache, I logged onto the airline site only to be scolded for trying to check in too early. Online check-in is only allowed up to 24 hours before your scheduled flight. What! I was just hours from my scheduled flight...what was wrong with their site? After a couple of failed attempts, I decided to check my emailed confirmation...what should I see...our departure was set for FRIDAY morning NOT Thursday morning. I promptly sent two brief emails to family members who were expecting to 'Meet me in St. Louie', then turned off the early alarm and snuggled into bed with much gratefulness for the online check-in, without which...ohhh... I don't even what to think about it!

No comments: